Being on a retreat is a time for focusing on your inner life and relationship to God. You are invited to participate in the retreat in those ways in which God and your own spirit guide you. There will be scheduled and unscheduled time that includes both group talks and quiet time. All we ask is that you arrive for the retreat on time and stay for the entire retreat weekend.
Dress and Special Needs
Casual dress and comfortable shoes are recommended. All bed linens and towels are provided; bring your own hair dryer if needed. Please inform us in advance if you have any special needs (dietary, mobility concerns, late arrival, etc). Contact Christine in advance at (313) 286-2802.
Retreatant rooms are available after 4:30 pm on Friday. A buffet supper opens the retreat at 6:30 p.m. An orientation and the first retreat experiences follow at 7:30 p.m.
A $30 non-refundable registration fee is required to reserve a space for your retreat. The suggested donation for the weekend is $225 for two nights lodging, five meals and all conferences. Please note: Give more if you can, less if you can’t.
Please contact Christine at (313) 286-2802 if you need to cancel your Retreat Reservation.
You may register for any weekend retreat through this site by clicking HERE.
For assistance, contact Christine at 313-286-2802 or email email@example.com.
Making the Most of Your Retreat
- Make a prayerful decision to attend a retreat. Though it’s great to be here with your friends and family, make sure that you arrive with a yearning to receive the gifts of the spirit on your retreat, and allow yourself to find your own space.
- As you enter the retreat center, try to come early enough to unpack, take a deep breath, unwind, and visit the chapel to begin the “unloading” of any burdens or anxieties you may be carrying.
- Remove yourself from your cell phone!
- Focus on the theme. Be mindful of the direction the retreat will be going, and especially where you need to be going as well! No matter what the theme, allow your heart to be open to the message the Holy Spirit may be sending you.
- Involve yourself in the activities and sessions of the retreat. This is YOUR retreat, so make sure that you do your best to receive everything that is offered on your weekend. Reconciliation, Adoration, Mass, wonderful speakers who will be sharing themselves with you – afford yourself every opportunity to get a full and meaningful experience from your weekend.
- Enjoy the beautiful grounds – the stations, the courtyard and fountain area, gazebo, labyrinth, library – for study, meditation, contemplation or adoration, enhancing your experience and spiritual growth. Also, our gift shop contains many religious articles and books for your enjoyment
Prayer for Passionist Retreatants
Jesus, you invited the apostles to come away with you to a deserted place and rest a while. Like your apostles, enable me to experience You on retreat – your suffering love and tender compassion. May I come to better know myself, to draw closer to you, and to thus be of better service to my brothers and sisters in the Church. Help me to listen attentively, to ponder prayerfully, to respond generously, and to benefit from the solitude and peace. Through the intercession of Mary, Mother of Sorrows, may I and my fellow retreatants leave our retreat as deeply committed Christians, better able to follow your footsteps in all the opportunities and challenges of life. Amen.