Making the Most of Your Retreat
- Make a prayerful decision to attend a retreat. Though it’s great to be here with your friends and family, make sure that you arrive with a yearning to receive the gifts of the spirit on your retreat, and allow yourself to find your own space.
- As you enter the retreat center, try to come early enough to unpack, take a deep breath, unwind, and visit the chapel to begin the “unloading” of any burdens or anxieties you may be carrying.
- Remove yourself from your cell phone!
- Focus on the theme. Be mindful of the direction the retreat will be going, and especially where you need to be going as well! No matter what the theme, allow your heart to be open to the message the Holy Spirit may be sending you.
- Involve yourself in the activities and sessions of the retreat. This is YOUR retreat, so make sure that you do your best to receive everything that is offered on your weekend. Reconciliation, Adoration, Mass, wonderful speakers who will be sharing themselves with you – afford yourself every opportunity to get a full and meaningful experience from your weekend.
- Enjoy the beautiful grounds – the stations, the courtyard and fountain area, gazebo, labyrinth, library – for study, meditation, contemplation or adoration, enhancing your experience and spiritual growth. Also, our gift shop contains many religious articles and books for your enjoyment